Last time I wrote anything the walls were spackled and needing paint. Painting has since be completed (mostly by Lynne during nap time and on sadik days). So now I have been working on the drop ceiling. First I installed the drop ceiling grid, then a new light was installed within the grid. The first photo shows the drop ceiling grid installed with the lights.
Next I started installing the drop ceiling tiles. I had to leave one area open to install the air ducts. This required a trip to Home Depot for parts. Once back I completed the duct work, terminating all the cables in the room, and installing the outlet covers.
With the duct work complete I finished installing the ceiling tiles. Now the ceiling is done. I pulled the door to the room off its hinges so I could sand down all the old paint. It is amazing that a contractor was paid to do a job this bad. The guy painted over dirt and left paint drips everywhere. With all that extra paint lots of doors in our house don't properly close. I am slowly working on correcting that. Last night I got the door sanded and started painting again. So the list of work to is slowly dwindling. We still have to finish painting the door and rehang it, touch up paint the walls where I made a mess putting up the drop ceiling. After that I need to level the floor, then install the tile floor. And lastly paint and install the trim work. Lots to do but lots less.